Christopher J. Sugar
Christopher J. Sugar is an associate in the Milford office. He practices in the areas of labor and employment law; litigation; and alternative dispute resolution, with an emphasis on organization, collective bargaining, grievance arbitration and labor and employment disputes.
He is experienced in various labor law and employment law issues, particularly Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) complaints, charges arising under the National Labor Relations Act, and various state and local employment and labor issues ranging from wage and hour issues to unit/employee classification problems. He has dealt with issues in these areas from the initiation of a complaint, to final determination and issuance of charges and/or a decision.
Areas of Practice
- Labor and Employment
- Christopher J. Sugar has experience representing large Connecticut municipalities, boards of education and housing authorities during labor arbitrations and unfair labor practice proceedings including before the Connecticut State Board of Mediation and Arbitration, the Connecticut State Board of Labor Relations, the Department of Labor, and the Board of Review.
- He has experience defending a variety of employers against administrative charges and judicial proceedings alleging discrimination and retaliation including before the Commission on Human Rights and Opportunities and the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.
- Attorney Sugar also has experience advising and defending appeals brought under Connecticut’s Freedom of Information Act.
- Connecticut, 2010
- U.S. District Court District of Connecticut, 2013
- Western New England University School of Law, Springfield, Massachusetts
- J.D. - 2010
- Honors: Member National First Amendment Moot Court Team
- Honors: CALI Award: Sales
- Honors: CALI Award: Labor Law Arbitration
- Honors: CALI Award: Public Sector Labor Law
- Honors: Dean's List: Spring 2010
- State University of New York College at Oswego, Oswego, New York
- B.A. cum laude - 2007
- Honors: Dean's List
- Honors: President's List
- Major: English; Philosophy
- Minor: Political Science
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Connecticut Bar Association , Education Law Executive Committee
- Bridgeport Bar Association, Young Lawyers Section, Chair, 2013 - Present
- Connecticut Bar Association, Young Lawyers Section
- Connecticut Bar Association, Construction Law Section
- Connecticut Bar Association, Labor and Employment Law Section
- American Bar Association