Rebecca Goldberg is an associate in the Milford office. She focuses her practice on labor and employment matters in state and federal courts and administrative agencies.
She is experienced in litigation, discovery, trial preparation and settlement strategies. She has defended clients against discrimination charges and has drafted substantive motions, position statements, releases, restrictive covenants and employee handbooks.
Ms. Goldberg has prepared seminars and webinars for management on mental health issues in the workplace, including union avoidance, wage and hour laws, and discrimination and harassment.
While attending Duke University School of Law, she received the Labor and Employment Law Award and the Family Law Award.
- Rebecca Goldberg obtained a dismissal of an employment discrimination lawsuit against a nursing home at the earliest stages of litigation, avoiding legal fees and potential liability for the client.
- She successfully represented a housing authority in an unemployment hearing, overturning an initial determination in favor of the employee.
- Attorney Goldberg has represented multiple boards of education in teacher termination proceedings.
- She regularly advises small to large businesses with everyday human resources questions and concerns, providing clients with cost-effective ways to avoid litigation exposure.
- Rebecca has provided training to employers on a variety of legal matters, including state-mandated sexual harassment training.
- Connecticut, 2011
- U.S. District Court District of Connecticut, 2014
- Duke University School of Law, Durham, North Carolina
- J.D. cum laude - 2011
- Brandeis University
- B.A. magna cum laude
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Connecticut Bar Association, Labor and Employment Executive Committee, July 1, 2015 - Present
- Associate Editor, Employment Discrimination Law, BNA Books, 5th Edition, 2012
- Contributing Editor, The Developing Labor Law, BNA Books, 6th Edition
- Labor and Employment Law Award - Duke University School of Law
- Family Law Award - Duke University School of Law
- Dean's Scholar - Brandeis University
- Phi Beta Kappa